Yesterday, I came across a post on huffingtonpost. It was about benifits of keeping gratitude journal. The idea of maintaining one seemed nice and after reading it, I thought it’s been a long time that I haven’t sit and spend some time over this topic and thought to maintain my own online gratitude journal for atleast three consective days.
It’s ten in the morning when I’m going to read and make some changes in a draft which I wrote two and a half hours ago. The list is in no particular order and I’m going to keep it the way in which my stream of thoughts bombarded my mind this morning.
- I’m grateful for watching cricket match on TV with my siblings. After a hectic day watching this sport in evening helps in relaxing our minds. More than anything else it’s the first international match with foreign players playing here in Pakistan since 2009 terrorist attack on the then visiting Sirilankan team. It’s been a long time and people are looking happy about the return of cricket in country.
- I’m happy and blessed to have a wonderful elder sister who despite being married always finds time in hearing my long speech on phone. She lives in another country but due to whatsapp and her caring nature she always seems near.
- After watching some videos on youtube about killer whales, I explored a lot about them on internet. It feels good to learn about whales who preferrerd to live in families. The mother whale whose average life span is estimated somewhere around 90 years took care of her children throughout her life. I’m grateful for my internet connection which has helped me in exploring a lot about whales.
- My Samsung Glaxy Tab is of Red color. I also have my mobile phone but I preferred to set morning alarm on my tab. I’m grateful to it for waking me up 5:30 in the morning. Offering the morning prayer is best way to strengthen your bond with God Almighty.
- I’m grateful to hear all these morning voices outside. Sitting on top of trees, birds are chirping. Somewhere near the gardner is busy mowing lawn grass. It’s seven thirty and it’s school time. Two or three houses from my home, crow is sitting on wall. It’s harsh voice is giving background touch to noise of cars and motorbikes on road. I don’t mind hearing all this disturbance. It shows that life never rests, it moves on.
- The sun is shining and the day is bright, I’m happy to start a brand new day
Image Courtesy: Google Image(Scrapbook Adhesive)
It’s been almost an year that I wrote this post titled happiness is… on my blog. The list in a post is very close to my heart. My apologies for not creating hyperlink here.