On drawing the curtains of my memory aside, I had always found myself playing with my siblings.
Our home was a place filled with toys and to be honest my parents remained more interested in imparting the love for books in us. So, the gift on my sixth birthday was not a toy but it was a children magazine.
It was a time when I was learning to read and my parents thought that a magazine would be a nice gift for me.
I remember, once my parents bought us some books which include a book of Ladybird’s series of learning time and then there was a colorful book about the villages of Asia. I wish I could have them today but I’m lucky to find this picture on Google.
The pleasure of reading and feeling the pages of those books is difficult to express in words and never in my life, I had ever come closer to such an experience again. For, kids tend to develop a strong bond with the pictures and I can vividly recall the colorful illustrations of those books.
Well, I won’t like to appear Matilda here but the prompt reminds me of those sweet days of my life when I find pleasure in reading books and truth be told, for a long time I can’t sleep without listening to stories. Yes, my elder sister was a great storyteller.
One thing more it’s not an exaggeration that never in my life I had ever sighed for some toy. For, my parents had always kept us busy in reading books and I guess they were wise enough in taking that decision 🙂
I was nominated by impeccablemua for freestyle writing challenge. Here goes the rules
Open an MS Word document
1. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
3. Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My Topic: “Watching TV”
Well, sitting in my drawing room, I’m looking at my TV. It’s not working. Yes, my “IPTV” device is out of order these days and we are looking for the visit of some representative from the telephone company.
I love my IPTV. It is indeed a “magic box” in my home. The forward and rewind options with the facility of pausing live show makes it a refreshing change in my home.
To tell you a truth, it has solved many issues. And, the most important issue was the occasional skirmishes between my parents. My mother preferred to watch drama over news. While my father like to hear talk shows.
And, in that crucial hour of intense environment, my IPTV works as a great savior. So, it happens that my father rewinds headlines and my mother watches Drama easily.
Needless to say, that I’m missing my IPTV. Life has never been easy before 🙂
word count: 152
my comments:(oops! some missing articles here)
Time : 8 minutes